Toyota tundra vs dodge ram 1500 2023
The Toyota tundra vs dodge ram 1500 2023. Let’s learn a bit more about these full-size pickup trucks.
Tundra’s I Force and IFOR’s max Powertrains deliver big on power and efficiency.
Numerous variants range from a well-equipped base model to a true offroader, and the luxurious capstone grade means mean there’s a Tundra for everyone.
A max towing capacity of up to £12,000, plus features like a trailer backup guide makes Tundra a proper towing machine.
An aluminum-reinforced composite bed and up to 1940-pound max payload capacity means Tundra can handle even the toughest hauling jobs.
Now, let’s put Toyota tundra vs dodge ram 1500 side by side.
Different grades and models (Toyota tundra vs dodge ram 1500)
- Toyota Tundra is in seven grades with a choice of two cab styles and three bedlights.
- With the available hybrid powertrain rear-wheel drive and four-wheel drive, there are numerous ways to configure Tundra.
- Additionally, Tundra offers a variety of models to choose from the SR to the luxurious Capstone and the rugged TRD Pro.
- Five of the seven grades with the powerful I Force max hybrid powertrain are available on limited platinum and 1794 edition and standard on TRD Pro and Capstone grades.
- All Tundra grades are also available with four-wheel drive. TRD Pro and capstone, however, come standard with both.
- Ram 1500 offers eight grades, including two offroad-oriented models between the two-bed length, five powertrain options, two cab styles, and rear or four-wheel drive configurations.
- There are numerous ways to configure the truck. Like Tundra, Ram 1500 includes luxury-oriented and offroad focus grates like the Ram TRX.
Exterior Features (Toyota tundra vs dodge ram 1500)
- The 2023 Tundra sports a bold new look with standard Led exterior lighting Redesigned last year. Depending on the gray.
- Tundra can be had with alloy wheels ranging from 18 inches to a massive 22 inches.
- Available chrome-finished accents on the door handle and around the windows add a touch more style.
- Tundra also pays homage to its heritage on TRD Pro with a black Toyota Heritage grille featuring an integrated light bar, amber marker lights, and color-keyed surrounds.
- Tundra backs up its good looks with proven durability. The standard aluminum reinforced composite bed resists dents and scratches.
- Features like an available tailgate bump switch that lets you open the power tailgate hands-free, plus the available retractable Bedstep, panoramic view monitor, and power-retractable running boards add extra convenience.
- Ram 1500 counters with available Led exterior lighting and alloy wheels up to 22 inches in diameter.
- Although it lacks a power tailgate, Ram 1500 can be had with a split tailgate. Unfortunately, it’s not available with an aluminum-reinforced composite bed.
- Additionally, optional convenience features include a surround-view camera system and power running boards.
Toyota tundra vs dodge ram 1500 Interior
- Tundra offers plenty of creature comforts, including leather-trimmed upholstery and available heated and ventilated front seats.
- Certain grades also have heated and ventilated rear seats available for additional passenger comfort.
- Additionally, a panoramic moonroof is available to add spaciousness to the cabin.
- Capstone and 1794 edition double down on style with genuine dark wood trim, and capstone have a unique two-tone interior.
- TRD models, on the other hand, include a red TRD engine start-stop button and a TRD leather-wrapped shifter.
- TRD Pro continues with the nods to its heritage with red accents and a Toyota badge on the dash.
- Like Tundra, Ram 1500 offers plenty of noteworthy cabin features. These include an available Panoramic sunroof and available heated and ventilated front and rear seats.
- Premium leather upholstery is also available and can be had with quilting.
- luxury-oriented grades include two-tone leather-trimmed upholstery, a wood-trimmed steering wheel, and contrast stitching.
- However, there’s no wood trim available. Rebel models, on the other hand, enhance the sporting look with red accents throughout the interior, red contrast stitching, and two-tone red and black upholstery.
- Ram TRX offers orange light frost or TRX red accents, contrast stitching, and a flat bottom steering wheel.
Toyota tundra vs dodge ram 1500 Technology
- An eight-inch touchscreen is standard on Tundra SR and SR Five, while a massive 14-inch touchscreen is optional on SR Five and standard on higher trims, regardless of screen size.
- Toyota’s latest audio multimedia includes standard wireless compatibility for Apple CarPlay, which connects drivers to subscription-based services like Apple Music, maps, messages, and other favorite apps from the iPhone.
- Wireless Android Auto compatibility makes it easy to connect to devices.
- There’s a standard three-month Sirius XM Platinum Plan Trial subscription that includes over 165 channels available in Cabin and even more on the SXM Mobile app.
- Other tech features include a standard four two-inch TFT multi-information display.
- Feature a 12.3-inch digital gauge cluster and an available ten-inch color head-up display.
- Audio files can also upgrade to the available twelve-speaker JBL audio system, including a subwoofer and amplifier.
Ram 500 features
- Ram 500 Two versions of the Uconnect system. The base version is Uconnect Three with a five-inch touchscreen.
- The larger 8.4-inch touchscreen with Uconnect Five is optional on most grades and standard on upper ones.
- A twelve-inch touchscreen is the largest available, but only on select trims. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility.
- Only included on trucks equipped with the eight four inches or twelve-inch touchscreen.
- Ram 1500 comes standard with three five-inch TFT black and white displays. Select trims feature a larger seven-inch TFT color display cluster.
- Ram 1500 also offers a 19-speaker Harman Kardon Premium sound system and an available head-up display on certain grains.
Is the Toyota tundra a safe car
- Tundra’s commitment to safety is evidenced thanks to the standard Toyota Safety Sense two five suites.
- That includes a pre-collision system with pedestrian detection, full-speed range, dynamic radar, cruise control, lane departure alert with steering assist, lane tracing assist, automatic high beams and road sign assist.
- Additionally, Tundra’s available blind spot monitor with rear cross-traffic alert takes things up a notch by remaining active with the trailer attached.
- Most importantly, Tundra is the only full-size truck to receive the IIHS 2022 Top Safety Pick Plus award in Crew Max Cab configuration.
- Ram 1500 also comes with a long list of driver assistance features.
- These include pedestrian emergency braking, lane keep, assist, forward collision warning, and adaptive cruise control with stop and go.
- However, none of these are standard equipment and require choosing an optional package.
- In addition, the truck received the 2022 IIHS Top Safety Pick Award in Crew Cab configuration.
How does the Toyota tundra perform
Tundra is powered by the twin-turbo V six in the base SR. This engine makes 358 torque.
Moving up to the SR five gives drivers increased output to 389 torque.
For those craving higher performance levels, the available I Force Max hybrid powertrain serves up 437 healthy 583-pound feet of torque.
It achieves this while being more efficient than the standard I-Force engine with up to an EPA-estimated 22 miles per gallon combined on rear-drive models.
For those looking to go off the beaten path, Tundra offers available technologies like multi-terrain select and crawl control that helps improve performance when the pavement ends.
Additionally, Tundra’s available driver assistance technologies also help the driver connect to a trailer and keep the vehicle straight when reversing.
TRD Pro raises the bar for offroad capability thanks to standout upgrades like the TRD Pro offroad suspension.
A 1.1-inch lift, 2.5-inch Fox coil overs and rear remote reservoir shocks, and TRD Pro front stabilizer bar.
The available multi-train monitor allows the driver to see through multiple angles, including under the truck to help the driver clear obstacles offroad.
Finally, Tundra’s Max payload and towing capacities of 1940 and £12,000, respectively, give it impressive capabilities and the ability to tackle tough jobs.
(Toyota tundra vs dodge ram 1500) Ram 1500
Ram 1500 comes with a broad range of engines. These include a three six liter V six with 305 torque and a five seven-liter V eight with 395 torque.
Both engines are also available with 48 volts mild hybrid systems that use a starter generator for a boost of torque in certain driving scenarios.
Unlike Tundra, these aren’t true hybrids and can’t coast or operate in all-electric mode at low speeds.
A three-liter Eco diesel V six with 260 torque is also available. At the top of the range is the six two-liters Supercharged V eight, making 702 torque.
The truck also impresses offroad with available offroad capable suspension, all-terrain tires, and an electronically locking rear differential. On models like Ram, rebel, and Ram. TRX.
Ram 1500 possesses a competitive maximum towing capacity of £12,750. However, the only way to achieve that is to select the optional 5.7 liter V eight and the Hemi Max tow package in a rear-wheel drive model.
The same goes for Ram 1502 £300 maximum payload only.
Does the Toyota tundra hold its value?
The V six-powered rear-wheel drive trade achieves this rating. Additionally, this capability comes in exchange for a lower maximum towing capacity.
Tundra drivers can rest easy thanks to Toyota’s focus on quality, durability, and reliability.
Tundra also comes with Toyota Care, which provides two years or 25 0 miles of scheduled maintenance and two-year unlimited mileage of 24 hours roadside assistance.
Plus, trucks with the available Ecorse Max hybrid powertrain include a ten-year, one-hundred-and-fifty zero-mile battery warranty, making it a seriously strong option for the long term.
Ram 1500 (Toyota tundra vs dodge ram 1500) tries to match Tundra’s value proposition via its available 24-month Ram Care program and five-year, 1000-mile roadside assistance.
The 2023 Tundra is Toyota’s most powerful, most capable, and most advanced pickup ever.
It comes ready for the work day and the trail while keeping an eye on safety and convenience. That is truly a truck for a whole new generation.