Best upcoming electric car to buy in 2022
Best upcoming electric car to buy in 2022
From the Tigor EV to electric cars from luxury brands, the list of battery-powered four-wheeler options for Indians continues to grow. Which one should you buy?
The number of electric cars in India is increasing. Tata Motors, Mahindra Motors, MG Motors, Hyundai, and Mahindra have already launched electric vehicles in the Indian market. Luxury car brands like Mercedes Benz, Jaguar, and Audi have also launched electric cars in India.
BYD has also launched the E6 electric MPV in India. Another luxury carmaker Volvo will bring its electric cars to India in the coming year.
Several factors have contributed to the increasing demand for Best upcoming electric car to buy. The high cost of petrol and diesel, along with incentives and subsidies offered by state governments, as well as a growing awareness of vehicle emissions, have fueled India’s demand for Best upcoming electric car to buy in India.
10 best electric cars to buy in India 2022
1- Tata Nexon EV
Tata Nexon Electric Vehicle is the most popular electric vehicle in India. Tata Motors claims that it has sold 13500 Nexon EV units since its launch in January 2020.
For the past few months, electric SUVs have consistently had the highest sales performance among all best electric cars to buy in India. While the design of the Nexon Ev is similar to that of its standard variant, it has distinctive styling elements. The Nexon Ev has a range of 312km on a single charge.
2. Tata Tigor EV
The Tata Tigor is the only car available in India with petrol, CNG, and electric powertrain options.
- The Tigor EV is also the cheapest electric car available to mass consumers in India.
- The Tata Tigor EV comes in a design similar to the Tigor Petrol and Tigor CNG. However, the EV gets some distinctive styling elements, such as different front fascia and alloy wheels.
- The cabin also looks a bit different. The Tata Tigor EV offers a range of 306 km on a single charge.
3. Hyundai Kona EV
The Hyundai Kona EV was launched in India as the first pure electric SUV.
- The Hyundai Kona EV offers a range of 452 km is the highest among the mass-segment electric cars in the Indian market.
- The SUV competes with rivals like the Tata Nexon EV and MG ZS EV. However, it comes with a price tag between ₹23.79 Lakh and ₹23.97 Lakh (ex-showroom).
4. MG ZS EV
Despite being a new entry in the Indian car market, MG has launched an electric car.
- The MG ZS EV is priced at over Rs 20 lakh (ex-showroom) and has a range of 419 km on a single battery charge.
- A pure electric SUV powered by a 44.5-kWh lithium-ion battery pack. This SUV can accelerate from zero to 100 Kmph in just 8.5 seconds.
- The British carmaker is working on a new ZS EV variant that will soon be available in showrooms.
5. Mercedes-Benz EQC
With its all-electric EQC crossover, Mercedes-Benz made its debut in India.
- The EQC price is Rs 1.06 Cr (ex-showroom) and comes in one variant 400 4MATIC.
- The Mercedes-Benz EQC is powered by an 80 kWh battery pack, which provides a range of 450 km for electric vehicles.
- The pure-electric powertrain can produce 408 PS of power and 760 Nm of torque. The EQC can accelerate from 0 to 100 Kmph in just 5.1 seconds.
6. Jaguar I-Pace
Jaguar launched the I-Pace hybrid crossover as an electric vehicle for the first time. The Jaguar I-Pace is competing with other rivals like the Mercedes-Benz EQC and Audi e-Tron.
- Jaguar I-Pace price ranges between Rs 1.06 Cr to Rs 1.12 Cr (ex-showroom).
- The Jaguar I-Pace draws its power from a 90 kWh battery that produces 400 PS and 696 Nm of torque.
- The I-Pace accelerates from 0 to 100 Kmph in just 4.8 seconds. The luxury EV can travel up to 470 km on a fully charged battery.
7. Audi e-Tron
The German luxury carmaker, and the arch-rival of Mercedes-Benz and BMW, have also entered the Indian EV market with its e-Tron. Audi e-Tron is available in two variants.
- Prices range from Rs 99.99 lakh to Rs 1.17 crore (ex-showroom).
- The luxury SUV comes in two battery options. The model comes with a 71 kWh battery pack and 313 PS of power. It also has 540 Nm torque.
- It can accelerate from 0 to 100 Kmph in just 6.8 seconds. Another variant is the 95 kWh battery version, which produces 408 PS of power as well as 664 Nm of torque.
- It accelerates from 0 to 100 Kmph in 5.7 seconds. There are two versions of the Audi e-Tron: 379- and 484-km range.
8. BMW IX
The electric BMW iX car is available in India from the luxury Bavarian automaker.
- The BMW iX is available in a single xDrive40 trim and is priced at Rs 1.16 crore (excluding showrooms).
- It is available in a single xDrive40 trim to take on luxury electric cars like Audi and Mercedes-Benz.
- The BMW IX is available in five exterior colors and features the brand’s modern styling language. The SUV promises a cruising range of 425km on a single charge.
- The BMW iX electric SUV is equipped with fast charging technology, which allows for 80 percent charge in 31 minutes.
9. Porsche Taycan
The Porsche Taycan is the first electric car produced by the German luxury high-performance car brand. It is part of the Volkswagen Group.
- The price in India is Rs 1.50 Cr (ex-showroom). It gets a coupe design with a nice curved roofline, big sporty wheels, and aerodynamic carbon fiber elements.
- There are several options for the Porsche EV: Taycan, Taycan 4S and Turbo, Cross Turismo 4S, and Turbo S.
10. Mahindra e-Verito
The Mahindra e-Verito compact electric sedan has been around for a while. Mahindra e-Verito compact electric sedan bought in the D2 or D6 version.
- Its price ranges from Rs 12.3 million to Rs 13.1 crore. EV is available to Fleet Operators and Government Agencies and not available to individual buyers.
- Mahindra was the first to adopt thee-Verito. However, Tata Motors won the game. Its slick design and impressive range were some of its limitations.
- The EV has a range of 181 km on a single charge, which is quite less in comparison to other best electric cars to buy in India.
7 thoughts on “Best upcoming electric car to buy in 2022”
You should take part in a contest for the most effective blogs on the web. I’ll suggest this website!
Wow Amazing Website
Wow amazing site
whoah this blog is magnificent i love reading your posts. Keep up the great work! You know, a lot of people are hunting around for this information, you can help them greatly.
I am curious to find out what blog system you happen to be utilizing? I’m experiencing some small security issues with my latest blog and I would like to find something more safeguarded. Do you have any recommendations?
I was just seeking this info for some time. After 6 hours of continuous Googleing, at last I got it in your site. I wonder what is the lack of Google strategy that do not rank this type of informative websites in top of the list. Normally the top web sites are full of garbage.
Howdy! Someone in my Facebook group shared this website with us so I came to check it out. I’m definitely loving the information. I’m bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Terrific blog and amazing style and design.