2024 Honda Civic: Price, Specs and Release Date
Hybrid transmissions have appeared as part of models in all segments, from sedans and utility vehicles to SUVs. Honda will look to follow this trend by reintroducing the Civic Hybrid in 2024, nine years after its discontinuation.
We will talk about the 2024 Honda Civic’s pros and cons like promising hybrid sedan and hatchback styles, roomy interior good handling, powertrain options dislikes.
As the automotive world turns toward electrification, Honda is putting its own plans in order. To that end, it’s bringing the 2024 Honda Civic Hybrid back to the US market.
Let us know the 2024 Honda Civic and Hybrid models to debut late this year with pricing to follow.
The 2024 Honda Civic is a compact car that had in sedan or hatchback body styles, it comes in performance variants or a new hybrid model, and it compares to other versatile compacts such as the Toyota Corolla, Hyundai Elantra, and Mazda 3.
2024 Honda Civic Exterior
The new Honda Civic looks sharp and simple without chrome trim but with fine optics and a small grille. Wide is the main air intake, with aerodynamic frames on the sides. There go the scout lights.
It is a large car, 4.68 meters long with wide shoulders and waist and sporty stirrups also rolling on 17-inch two-tone diamond wheels. The spoiler incorporated in the tailgate and the wide rear optics, subtly darkened, stand out.
Exterior Full Features
- Full LED headlights with twilight sensor
- Optical assembly with LED DRL (Daytime Running Lights)
- Explorers in LED
- Automatic headlight height adjustment
- LED Taillights
- LED license plate lights
- Directional with One-Touch (three flashes with one touch)
- Power mirrors with LED turn signal and auto fold
- Windshield wipers with intermittent function and rain sensor
- Sunroof with One-Touch function
- Electric boot opening
- Acoustic windshield for comfort
2024 Honda Civic Interior
It’s more conservative than the previous model, improving perceived quality and functionality. The air outlet with a honeycomb-type grid, divides the board from end to end. Above, covered with rubbery materials, and below, with rigid plastics.
Likewise, he emphasized ergonomics. The controls are mostly physical within the driver’s reach, while the front seats include wide lateral supports. The steering wheel is covered (in leather) with contrasting gray stitching.
- Leather seat upholstery
- Electric adjustable front seats
- Rear seat with center armrest and cupholders, 60/40 fold-down
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear shifter
- Steering column with height and depth adjustment
2024 Honda Civic Specs
|Seating Capacity||5 passengers|
|Engine Type||2.0-liter 16 valves|
|Towing capacity||5,000 pounds|
|Transmission||Automatic type e-CVT|
|0-60 MPH Time||0- 7.3 sec|
|Top Speed||130 mph|
2024 Honda Civic Release Date
We expect the 2024 Honda Civic to launch in December last in 2023 with eight different trims modes including hybrid models, which prices are different depending on trims and models. For more updates, you can visit the Honda official website.
2024 Honda Civic Infotainment features
Those who travel in the rear bench will have USB inputs but no air vents. Meanwhile, the main panel is 10.2-inch digital, with two modes for displaying the gauges round or bar, and a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment display.
And finally, the media center operates from a nine-inch floating touchscreen. It is compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay and is complemented by a superb 12-speaker Bose audio system.
Engine and powertrain with hybrid technology
The new Honda Civic incorporates the e: HEV hybrid system. it consists of a gasoline engine, an electric motor, an electric generator, and a control unit.
The gasoline engine is a 2.0-liter Atkinson cycle, with 16 valves and direct injection, which reaches up to 141 hp of power at 6,000 rpm and 189 Nm of torque at 4,500 rpm. It is complemented by an electric drive of 182 hp and 315 Nm of instantaneous torque, powered by a 1.05 kWh lithium-ion battery.
All this works together with an e-CVT automatic gearbox with clutch and reduction gear, simulating 7 speeds.
As a first option, there are three programmed driving modes: Eco, Normal, and Sport, plus a customizable one, Individual. With the latter, the performance of the engine, transmission, and display of the instrument panel can be adjusted, to the owner’s liking. But in addition, there are three hybrid driving modes.
2024 Honda Civic Drive modes
Let’s go into detail about the hybrid system. It works in three modes: EV Drive, Hybrid Drive, and Engine Drive, depending on the force required at each moment.
In EV Drive mode- the electric motor drives the wheels and is powered solely by energy stored in the battery. It is activated from the start when little acceleration is needed and circulates at low speeds. The autonomy is a maximum of two kilometers.
Under Hybrid Drive mode- the gasoline engine kicks in, not driving the wheels but the electric generator. Thus, it forces the heat engine to work more efficiently. The transformed energy is to the electric motor, which drives the car. Over time, the excess energy accumulates in the battery.
Engine Drive mode- A clutch connects the gasoline engine directly to the wheels via a fixed gear ratio. When more acceleration is needed, such as when passing, the electric motor provides an extra dose of power. It is the ideal configuration for driving at high speeds on the highway or highway.
- Honda Lane Watch System
- Blind Spot Reduction Assist
- Leading Vehicle Start Alert
- Road Departure Warning
- Collision Mitigation Braking
- Lane Departure System
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Road Departure Mitigation
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow
- Automatic High-Low Beam Assist
- Driver Attention Tracking
2024 Honda Civic Features
- The 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment display
- 10.2-inch digital gauge display
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- A Bose stereo system
- Bluetooth with steering-wheel controls for hands-free phone (HFT) and music playing (BTA – Bluetooth audio)
- Wireless Cell phone charger
- Two-zone automatic temperature adjustment, digital climate control
- All doors include power windows with a One-Touch operation.
- The start (Start/Stop) button
- Key with Smart Entry functionality and window and sunroof openers on a remote
- Doors may be locked and unlocked using a key and remote sensor
- Automatically turning off lights after 15 seconds
2024 Honda Civic Fuel Economy (MPG)
The most fuel-efficient is available with ratings of up to 72 MPG in the city and 75 MPG on the highway for hybrid models and 35 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the highway for gasoline.
2024 Honda Civic Trims and Price
|Sport Touring hatchback||$32,000|
Other technical features
The independent stabilizer bar suspension, McPherson struts up front, and multi-links down back are all standard on the new Honda Civic e: HEV. On the other hand, the steering has two pinions and a variable ratio together with progressive electronic assistance (EPS).
The paddles behind the steering wheel control the four degrees of energy regeneration while braking in this vehicle. The “+” symbol on the right reduces braking, while the “-” symbol on the left increases it.
It is beneficial for smooth driving with hardly pressing the brake pedal.
On the other hand, the brake system comprises vented front discs and solid rear discs, each with a diameter of 293 and 282 mm. It is dependent on electronic braking distribution and anti-lock brakes (ABS).
2024 Honda Civic Safety Features
- Eight airbags: Two front, two front sides, two rear sides, and two curtain
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA System)
- Hill Start Assist (HSA System)
- Hill Descent Control
- Agile Handling Assist
- Emergency Brake Assist
- Emergency stop signal
- Tire Pressure Sensor (TMPS)
- Electronic Parking Brake with Break Hold function
- ISOFIX system for child seats
- Three-point seat belts and head restraints for all occupants
- Front seat belt with tension system and height adjustment
- Reversing camera (three views) with dynamic lines
- Front and rear parking sensors with sound and light warning
- Rear Seat Object Reminder
- Security alarm with immobilizer ECU
Honda bets on hybrid mobility
Honda is treading a well-trodden path using hybrid models as a stepping stone to full electrification. The CR-V Hybrid and Accord Hybrid have already joined the US lineup. They are the superior finishes of their respective models. Honda plans for hybrids to eventually account for 50% of the Accord and CR-V sales mix. The Civic Hybrid is likely to follow in those footsteps.
This is all part of Honda’s effort to sell 100% zero-emission vehicles in North America, a goal it hopes to achieve by 2040. The goal is that, as hybrid models become a sales volume for the company, Honda’s transition to zero-emission models, such as all-electric vehicles, is facilitated.
2024 Honda Civic Pros and Cons
- Standard design
- Comfortable roomy cabin
- affordable entry price
- small infotainment screen in the base model
- No manual transmission
Currently, Honda does not offer any EVs in its US lineup but is seeking partnerships with GM and Sony in this area. The Honda Prologue SUV is intended to be the company’s first large-volume battery electric vehicle, slated to arrive in 2024.
what you think about new 2024 Honda civic, and it’s no longer a secret that Honda is working on a new 2024 Honda civic giving it a new face. we can now see what to expect from the 2024 model.
If you’ve read until now thank you very much, please do consider bookmarking www.ev-riders.com for more articles about EVS and the latest car news.